Transportation image Transportation image Transportation image


E-mail this to a friend Post this page to Facebook

Need a ride to your doctor? Would like to go to a senior community meal, but have no way to get there? Do you have other transportation needs?

CVAA, in collaboration with public transit providers, can help you get to your desired destination.

The ride may be on a van, in a taxi or with a volunteer driver. All transit providers have specially equipped vans for people with wheelchairs or mobility limitations. A donation may be requested.

Anyone desiring transportation should make their request at least 24 hours prior to the trip, with 48 hours or more notice being preferred. Ongoing rides to the same location should be discussed with the transit provider.

To arrange a ride, please contact the transit provider for the county you live in.

  • Chittenden County - Special Services Transportation Agency (SSTA) - (802) 878-1527
  • Addison County - Addison County Transit Resources (ACTR) - (802) 388-1946
  • Franklin County - Green Mountain Transit Agency (GMTA) - (802) 527-2181
  • Grand Isle County - C.I.D.E.R. - (802) 372-6425

Please call for your ride well in advance of the day you need it!

Other transportation options that may be of interest:

The American Cancer Society provides round trip transportation for radiation or chemotherapy treatment in Addison, Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties. Five to seven days notice is needed to set up a ride. Because this is done with volunteers, the program cannot always fill the ride request. Call Eleanor Russell, Coordinator, (802) 425-5276 for more information.

To learn more about Transportation, call our Senior HelpLine at 1-800-642-5119 or email us at