Senior Companions are older adults who help other seniors live independently.
They provide friendly visits once a week and assist with grocery shopping and other daily tasks. Senior Companions offer encouragement and help to brighten their clients’ days.
Senior Companions are over the age of 55 and volunteer 20 hours per week. They
receive a stipend and mileage reimbursement, as well as the satisfaction of knowing that they make a difference in peoples' lives.
To learn more about the Senior Companion Program, call 802-865-0360 or CVAA Senior HelpLine at 1-800-642-5119 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be age 55 or older and in good health (yearly physical required)
- You must have access to transportation
- You must commit to working at least 20 hours per week, but can work up to 40 hours
- Your individual income must be less than $23,340 per year. *If your income is higher, we can deduct medical expenses to determine income eligibility*
- You must pass background checks, want to work with older adults and know how to be a friend
- You receive a stipend of $2.65/hour - this is a non-taxable stipend and will not affect any of your other incomes or benefits
- You get mileage reimbursement
- There will be initial orientation and training to help you do the job and then monthly trainings with your fellow Senior Companions
- You will be supervised by the Senior Companion Coordinator