Senior Companions are older adults who help other seniors live independently.
They provide friendly visits once or twice a week and assist with grocery shopping and other daily tasks. Senior Companions offer encouragement and help to brighten their clients day.
Senior Companions are over the age of 55, and volunteer 20 hours per week. If income eligible they receive a small stipend. They also receive mileage pay, as well as the satisfaction of knowing that they make a difference in peoples' lives.
To learn more about the Senior Companion Program, please call our Senior HelpLine at 1-800-642-5119 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be age 55 or older and in good health (yearly physical required)
- You must have access to transportation
- You must commit to working at least 20 hours per week, but can work up to 40 hours
- Your individual income must be less than $21,500 per year. *If yours is higher, we can deduct medical expenses*
- You must pass background checks and have experience working with adults and know how to be a friend
- You receive a stipend of $2.65/hour- this is a non-taxable stipend and will not affect any of your other incomes
- You get mileage reimbursement
- There will be initial orientation and training to help you perform the job and then monthly trainings with your peers
- You will be supervised by Program Coordinator