Meals on Wheels
Nourishes. Comforts. Befriends.
Hot nutritious meals can be delivered to the homes of seniors who are unable to prepare their own meals.
“This program is fantastic. It saved my life.”
“I enjoy the meals but more importantly, I love the friendly volunteers who always take the time to chat. It’s something I look forward to.”
Meals On Wheels are delivered by community volunteers five days a week in the majority of the communities we serve. A hot nutritious meal is provided that includes protein, vegetables, milk, juice, bread, and fruit. Favorite dishes are served regularly and special diets are also available.
The visit by the volunteer is just as vitally important as the healthy meal. Volunteers bring bright smiles and friendly greetings while checking to make sure seniors are safe and well.
If you know someone who might benefit from Meals on Wheels please give us a call to discuss eligibility.
The Impact of Meals on Wheels
- 50% of seniors admitted to hospital suffer from malnutrition severe enough to have caused their illness or to impede their recovery.
- 85% of older Americans have chronic illnesses that could be helped by better nutrition
How you can help the Meals On Wheels program
- Volunteer - deliver meals in your community - over 600 people volunteer already and we need more.
- Individual Giving - every participant is served regardless of their ability to pay. Your donation supports those low income seniors who cannot give towards their meals.
- Corporate Gifts - Corporate gifts include supporting expansion of Meals on Wheels in rural areas, new equipment, volunteer recognition, and emergency meals for winter.
To learn more, call our Senior HelpLine at 1-800-642-5119 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org