Cares. Responds. Connects.
CVAA Case Managers empower seniors to maintain their independence.
“It’s people like [our case manager] that help us, as a family, cope with the changes and decisions that have to be made for our loved ones. She’s like a dear friend coming to sit at the table and help us through the steps. I wouldn’t have known where to turn without her.”
CVAA Case Managers encourage independence by helping individuals access services and benefits that will enhance their quality of life. Case Managers empower their clients to make important decisions in their lives and support them in taking decisive action.
- get help applying for assistance programs such as 3SquaresVT, Medicaid, Fuel Assistance, pharmacy programs, SSI, Medicare, supplemental insurance, and housing options
- be assessed for assistance with in-home care services, durable medical equipment,home modifications, adaptive equipment, and Meals on Wheels
- receive referrals for nutritional assessments, depression or grief counseling, and volunteers and Senior Companions for friendly visiting
- explore options for long term care services in their homes and elsewhere
- receive assistance completing healthcare and financial powers of attorney, applications for senior housing and benefit programs
Case Management services provide seniors, family members, and caregivers with information about programs and services they need to make informed decisions about care and service options.
Family caregivers can:
- obtain information about support groups, caregiver training programs, and respite services available in the community
- meet with an Options Counselor to explore alternatives for care available in the community and eligibility criteria for long term care services
- receive assistance with applications for care services and benefit programs and referrals for mediation and legal advice
- receive support in making decisions about the care needed to support family members in home and residential settings
CVAA provides case management for the Choices for Care (Long-Term Care Medicaid Waiver) Program. Learn more about this program.
For more information about CVAA Case Management call the Senior HelpLine at 1-800-642-5119.
Download our information flyer on CVAA's Case Management under the Choices for Care (Long-Term Care Medicaid Waiver) Program